Is the Jewellery solid sterling silver?
Yes we do not sell plated items, plated items basically means brass items covered in a rhodium or other finish which means you will need to have it re-dipped regularly or worst case your finger may turn green and or black.
Is the Silver Jewellery from China or an Asian Import?
No all our Silver designer jewellery uk is made right here in the UK, its how we like to keep it which is why we don't have tons of items as we keep our suppliers to a minimum
How do I keep my Jewellery clean?
There are a number of different finishes available so if in doubt please ask for specific advice regarding the piece you have bought.
Generally the following applies:
- To protect it and contribute to its longevity, we suggest that you store your jewellery separately and in its original packaging as metals and stones can scratch when they come into contact with each other.
- Do not let your silver jewellery come into contact with household detergents; undiluted or strong solutions or other chemical products and take care when spraying perfume and hairspray.
- Our sterling trendy jewelry is likely to tarnish eventually with time and wearing, this is not a manufacturing defect but a property of silver metal. To restore the original brilliance of the surface, we recommend you first use a silver polishing cloth.
- Grease and grime within stone settings can be removed using an ultrasonic cleaner or warm water mixed with mild detergent solution; it is wise to put the items into a basket (or sieve) for easy location and removal. Avoid doing this with pearls of other porous stones.
- Neighboring pieces of jewellery of differing metal, eg. Silver ring next to gold ring, will wear at different rates, so it is advised to keep pieces of the same metal together to avoid excessive wear on the softer items.
- Oxidised silver pieces contain a ‘formed’ oxide to create the black appearance. Polishing this finish will remove the oxidation and return the piece to bright silver finish, but please be careful when cleaning oxidised silver pieces using a silver polishing cloth, and to remove any wear grease and grime use a detergent and a soft silver polishing cloth.
What is the Black colouring on a lot of the jewellery?
There are two different types usually seen on silver jewellery: one is deliberately caused and is referred to as oxidation, created using a chemical that is applied to the surface. The resulting black colour is the end of a process called patination. The other is a naturally occurring and the tarnish is likely to occur with time and wearing, this is not a manufacturing defect but a property of silver metal and can be removed using the cleaning methods detailed above.
What type of Stones do you use?
We use AAA+ Cubic Zirconia stones unless stated.
If I am buying a present and it doesn’t fit or they don’t like it, can I return it?
Items may be returned for a full refund within 7 working days of purchase, unworn and as new. A suitable alternative will be offered at this time but if this cannot be found, a refund will be given. After these 7 working days a credit note for the value of the piece but not postage will be given. Pieces made specifically to commission cannot be returned due to their individual nature.
How long will my order take?
Most items are already in stock and we will try to have them with you within 7 to 10 days (Standard UK & Ireland addresses) however please be aware sometimes there could be a delay but we will contact you within 2 to 3 days of your order to make you aware of this. Items made to order will be assessed and time scale quoted individually. If an item is not in stock or there will be any delay we will notify you via email in the first instance.
How is my jewellery delivered and when should I expect it?
All pieces are sent by Royal Mail either using special delivery at no charge for items over £100 or First class recorded delivery at £3 for items under £100. All items over £100 will be sent special delivery using the appropriate level and value of insurance cover. Items to be delivered outside the UK will be charged at rate mentioned at ordering for. Any other courier service will be assessed individually.
Special Delivery is signed for First class recorded delivery means that parcel had to be signed for but cannot be guaranteed for next day delivery. We accept no liability for when Royal Mail fails to deliver but will do our utmost to trace all parcels we send.
How can I pay?
Payments are made through the website redirection to PayPal.
How do I know when my order has been received?
Upon receipt of your order an email confirmation will be sent to the email address provided. Please keep this email; it contains your order reference number which you may need at a later date.
How is my order gift packaged?
Even the tiniest of presents from thingsthatsparkleni.co.uk are beautifully presented in a designer presentation pouch wrapped in bubble wrap to protect it and come in a gold jiffy back to conceal its identity in the event it’s a surprise for someone.
How can I return or exchange an unwanted item that was purchased from thingsthatsparkleni.co.uk?
If you are not happy with your goods that were purchased online, and you are in the UK or EU, please return them to us within 7 days. We will be happy to exchange or refund, providing the goods are returned in perfect condition and in their original packaging. Regrettably, items custom made to your requirements cannot be refunded or exchanged unless they are defective or faulty. Nor shall earrings due to hygiene. On receipt of the returned goods we will give you a refund of the amount paid for the goods. We do not refund the original delivery charge unless the goods are faulty or have been incorrectly supplied. Please go to https://thingsthatsparkleni.co.uk/pages/contact-us to arrange. Please also print out and put in your receipt of the item with a brief description as to the issue and what resolution you wish.
What length is the guarantee on your jewellery?
We treat each case on an individual basis, looking at wear and tear since purchase and the reason for returning the item. There is no official warranty period on any items.